Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Letter from a Talmid

A letter I probably should have written to my last HS Rebbe too. He left chinuch the year after he had our shiur. :-(

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:05:46 -0700 (PDT)
To: ygb@aishdas.org

Dear Rabbi Bechhofer,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and I hope you are enjoying your summer. I arrived back from Eretz Yisrael just about two months ago after my yearat Yeshiva... As the year progressed I got a lot more into learning and avodas hashem. I could not help but feel guilty and a little let down with myself for all the time I spent in your classes fooling around, not paying attention, and really not utilizing and taking full advantage of the time given to me to learn Torah with a Rebbi who is so knowledgeable and has the students' best interest in mind. I guess I was neither interested enough or mature enough to take in all the teachings you have/had to offer and I apologize for making any trouble or Tzores for you during that school year. Lessons from you that I disregarded during that senior year I now really take to heart and try to integrate them into my daily life. I just wanted to thank you for being so influential and I know if I could take that Gemara Shiur of yours' one more time, I would treat it much differently than I did that year.Thank You.

Sincerely,
...

No comments:

Post a Comment