Monday, July 02, 2012

Circus Tent - הירשל ציג'ס בלאג: "ספר "חודש לשנה

Circus Tent - הירשל ציג'ס בלאג: "ספר "חודש לשנה
Flatbush Jewish Journal Seforim Review by Rabbi Yaakov Levitz The welfare and livelihood of our brethren is something that is, and sho...




Haven't seen it yet (asked my son to pick it up for me in Lakewood), but if it is what it says it is, a boon for mechanchim and other klei kodesh who would have been b'aveled by crooked and inept  Battei Din like so many others who have preceded them over the years. Thanks to my long time and dear chaver Rabbi Baruch Kelman for bringing the post to my attention! (I usually read "Tzig" but have fallen way behind in my blog reading and would have missed this.)

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have experience with this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well known chassidisher Dayan [Rosh Kollel] in Monsey said that the problems that occur are not the fault of the Battei Din/Dayanim, it is the fault of the baalei devarim appearing before bais din.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Not as a Ba'al Din, but as a Halachic consultant and as a Dayan.

    2. I have no idea what the "Chassidisher Dayan" means by that statement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Then your analysis of the topic would be very interesting.

    2. His claim was that the hefkeris/problems that exist today with battei din is the fault of the parties, not the dayanim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Not having seen it, of course, I would assume my view dovetails with the view of this sefer's author.

    2. Still do not understand. What are the parties doing wrong? I know what the Battei Din are doing wrong. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Will you be writing your review/analysis when you see it?

    2. I really don't know, nor do I understand how the parties could be blamed- isn't that just another way of saying the dayanim are not doing their job of keeping proper decorum/integrity of the behavior of parties appearing before them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, do you have any ideas how to solve the problems that exist in the Bais Din system in the USA?

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. IY"H.

    2. So we both don't understand.

    3. No.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you write your review/analysis?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't seen the sefer yet. Still waiting on the person I asked to get it for me.

    ReplyDelete